- You can shoot video right through hard lens window of the camcorder case - even underwater.
- PLEASE NOTE: The hard lens is permanently attached to the case and cannot be removed.
- The Camcorder Case (code 468) is compatible with most camcorders: size-guide.
- It'll float with your camera in it.
- It's guaranteed submersible to 33 feet (10 meters).
- The UV-stabilized TPU material won't be broken down or discoloured by sunlight.
- It keeps out dust and sand too. They're a particular problem for camcoders (just ask the repairman at your local camera store).
- For the price you'll pay for a new camcorder, 124.90€ to protect the one you have is a bargain!
- Content not included in the delivery.
For videos taken from our customers through this case please have a look on our Aquapac-Channel
How large is the case?
The Camcorder case (code 468) fits most camcorders. To make sure you choose the right case check out our Size Guide.
We do our best to keep our size guide up to date but of course manufacturers are bringing out new models all the time. If you know something we don't, please feel free to Tell Us about it!
Maximum size of equipment to fit in case
Circumference (total vertical measurement all around): 17in/470mm
Swimming and snorkeling:
Our submersible range is all guaranteed to IPX8, which means continuous immersion under conditions of the manufacture`s choice. Imperial`s testing is to the equivalent of 5m/15ft for 1 hour.
What keeps water, sand & dust out?
The patented Aquaclip® seals the case - with a simple twist of a couple of levers. It's been tested to the toughest international waterproofing standards. If you haven't seen one before, read our quick guide to the Aquaclip.
Will I really get good photos through plastic?
Yes! The special hard lens is optically-clear and not scratchable. You get a LENZFLEX window on teh back, so you can use your camera either way round. And the sturdy but flexible material allows you to operate all the controls.
Ok, not every film is going to be perfect. But we're all used to that aren't we! Most of the time nobody will be able to tell you were using a case.
How have you improved this case recently?
2008 sees us going '100% PVC-Free'. Our new material (TPU) offers a number of advantages:
- It's softer and more malleable. Making it even easier to operate your PDA or Smartphone controls through the material.
- It'll perform much better if you want to take it somewhere really cold. It'll still be soft and malleable at -40º and below.
- It has a greater tensile strength, meaning it's even more difficult to tear or rip apart.
- We've added optically-clear LENZFLEX windows to the back making the Aquapac cameraphone-friendly.
- It comes with an adjustable and detachable shoulderstrap so you can hang it round your shoulder or neck.
- It comes with a packet of 3 desiccant sachets. These will help absorb any condensation in the air inside the case. If you know you're going to be taking it somewhere particularly humid like Jacksonville or the jungle, you'd be well advised to buy a few extra packets.
- It comes with our five-year global warranty (see 'Buy with confidence' below).
The shipping costs are independend and do not vary depending on the amount of artikles in your placed order:
- Germany: 3,90 Euro
- Europe incl. Switzerland: 6,90 Euro
- Rest of the World: 16,90 Euro
How long will the shipping take?
- Austria, Switzerland and BeNeLux: 2 to 4 labor days
- Rest of Europe: 3 to 7 labor days
Buy with confidence:
This case was designed and made in the UK. We could have stuck at the standard one-year guarantee, but to demonstrate to you our total confidence in our product quality we give you a five-year global warranty. Click here to learn more.
Included with every case you will receive a User Guide written in plain English (and plain French, and plain Spanish, etc). With loads of tips on getting the best results. Click here to check it out now.
It's a great opportunity to use your camcorder to video all the important moments in your life without having to fear the thought of any possible damage. In the great outdoors there is the problem though that most of the places you want to take your camcorder - and take video footage - there's the danger of substances like water or dust or dirt or sand coming in contact with your camcorder. Stuff that your camcorder could really do without. Stuff that's capable of ruining the equipment that allows you to remember those great moments.
That's the importance of having an Aquapac. Once your camcorder is locked tight inside this case you'll be able to video those memorable occasions right through the case - anywhere you want to go and whatever activity you want to capture. You can now safely use your camcorder in and around water with no worry.
They are great for gifts. Your perfect case for any outdoor place!
Will I really get good video footage through the plastic?
Yes! The special flexible lens material we use to make the lens windows is called LENZFLEX. It's optically-clear. And the sturdy but flexible material allows you to operate all the camera controls.
Ok, not every video or photo is going to be perfect. But we're all used to that aren't we! Most of the time nobody will be able to tell you were using a case.
For videos taken from our customers through this case please have a look on our Aquapac-Channel. The kind of videos you could soon be getting!
Tips from a Pro:
To Disperse Water Droplets on the Lens: Most Pros use Rain-X. The guys in Maui use half an onion and rub it on the lens. But my personal favourite is to use waterproof sunscreen - the higher the factor the better. When you dip the lens just lift it clear of the water and blow the droplets off.
Opening/Closing: Never EVER open the case with wet hands. Only ever insert/remove the camera with the case completely upside down, with the opening at the bottom.
Taking shots: Rather than shooting in normal style of looking at what you see through the view finder, start shooting at what you are pointing the camera at you will get the hang of it. Feel free to look at the images on my site under kite-surfing and see the results we get.
Chris Skone-Roberts is a professional watersports photographer.
Click here for his website.
What our customers say:
"I recently used your large sized underwater digital camera bag with my Sony digital camera and shot some very cool video. I was very impressed! Thanks!!... I was very pleased with your product. After researching several other options your Aquapac underwater bag was the most economical for my budget (I am not a pro photographer therefore I don't care to spend thousands on camera equipment). I also found your product to work extremely well and received several inquiries while I was using it on my vacation."
Eric Falk, USA
What the Press say:
"Got down to balmy Key West and put the bags to use. Scary lowering a very expensive camera into the water or exposing it to water spray. NO problem though with the Aquapac bags. They worked great and are a much lower cost solution to paying hundreds or thousands for a custom scuba housing. The fish tried awful hard to soak my camcorder and digital camera with saltwater but they were NOT successful. Silly fish!"
Jeff, Fly Angler's Online, www.flyanglersonline.com, USA