Large Whanganui beach
- Ideal for protecting your maps, electronics and personal possessions
- The UV-stabilized TPU material won't be broken down or discoloured by sunlight
- Guaranteed submersible to 33ft / 10m and keeps dust and sand out
- It will float safely if dropped in water
- fits your Pad or eBook, too. Touchscreen works through the foil.*
- Content not included in the delivery.
* Underwater a touch screen does not work in general. Photo release therefore is possible only by key. Our tip: please download the app "Cameringo" or a comparable Apple App that allows underwater photo release on the volume button. For videos, you can switch the function above the water line.
How big is the case?
The Large Whanganui case will comfortably fit all the stuff you need for a relaxed day on the beach. But you could use it for your eBook or tablet as well, the touchscreen works through the foil. For your ebook reader please have a look on this size-guide*. For your tablet, please have a look here.
|Size of the largest electronic that fits|
*We do our best to keep our size-guide up to date. But as you know: there is always something new. When you know something we don't know please feel free to contact us!
Swimming and snorkeling: Our submersible range is all guaranteed to IPX8, which means continuous immersion under conditions of the manufacture`s choice. Imperial`s testing is to the equivalent of 5m/15ft for 1 hour.
What keeps water, sand & dust out?
The patented Aquaclip® seals the case - with a simple twist of a couple of levers. It's been tested to the toughest international waterproofing standards. If you haven't seen one before, read our quick guide to the Aquaclip.
How have you improved this case recently?
2008 sees us going '100% PVC-Free'. Our new material (TPU) offers a number of advantages:
- It's softer and more malleable. Making it even easier to operate your PDA or Smartphone controls through the material.
- It'll perform much better if you want to take it somewhere really cold. It'll still be soft and malleable at -40º and below.
- It has a greater tensile strength, meaning it's even more difficult to tear or rip apart.
- in our brand new grey foil.
- A detachable and adjustable shoulderstrap so you can wear the case comfortably.
- Four eyelets to lash it at your equipment.
- It comes with a packet of 5 desiccant sachets. These will help absorb any condensation in the air inside the case.
- It comes with our five-year global warranty (see 'Buy with confidence' below)
The shipping costs are independend and do not vary depending on the amount of artikles in your placed order:
- Germany: 3,90 Euro
- Europe incl. Switzerland: 6,90 Euro
- Rest of the World: 16,90 Euro
How long will the shipping take?
- Austria, Switzerland and BeNeLux: 2 to 4 labor days
- Rest of Europe: 3 to 7 labor days
Buy with confidence:
This case was designed and made in the UK. We could have stuck at the standard one-year guarantee, but to demonstrate to you our total confidence in our product quality we give you a five-year global warranty. Click here to learn more.
Included with every case you will receive a User Guide written in plain English (and plain French, and plain Spanish, etc). With loads of tips on getting the best results. Click here to check it out now.
How could we improve this page?
If we're missing any information about this item which would be helpful, or if you have found something that is confusing or in error, please Tell Us so we can improve our site.
Ideal for protecting maps and electronics. Also great for storing and protecting personal possessions on the beach or boat.
The Whanganui range, named after the Whanganui River in New Zealand, is a range of multi-purpose cases designed to hold a range of items.
What our customers say:
"We had some unusually rough conditions on the Atlantic this year, and I had a lot of problems with water getting into hatches - in fact getting into everything - but anything that was in an Aquapac survived perfectly. I was very impressed."
Roz Savage, Only Female Solo Rower, Atlantic Rowing Race 2005 (March 2006)
"Can I just say how impressed my partner is with your product - I bought him a large Whanganui for his birthday to take fishing with him - he had not seen these before and now wants more to protect other items he takes fishing with him. We will definitely use you again."
Helen Humphries, UK
What the Press say:
"These cases give you confidence in being able to keep handheld equipment dry onboard… We can vouch for the toughness….Much as the case was pulled, stretched and twisted, the material did not break or tear, and it really took some abuse."
Sailing Today Magazine Gear Tried & Tested, UK
"I've never had one fail, leak, or let me down. I've come to fully trust Aquapac products without question."
Ocean Paddler magazine, UK