Large Whanganui eBook / Tablet up to 11''
- Ideal for protecting your maps, electronics like ebook, tablet pc like the Apple iPad™* or your pen pc or other personal belongings
- The UV-stabilized TPU material of the Aquapac won't be broken down or discoloured by sunlight
- Guaranteed submersible to 33ft / 10m and keeps dust and sand out
- everything works through the foil. Even a touchscreen**
- It will float safely if dropped in water.
- Content not included in the delivery.
*iPad, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
** Underwater a touch screen does not work in general. Photo release therefore is possible only by key. Our tip: please download the app "Cameringo" or a comparable Apple App that allows underwater photo release on the volume button. For videos, you can switch the function above the water line.
How big is the case?
The Large Whanganui case will comfortably fit maps, small books, suncream, wallets/purses, mobile and personal electronics like your e-Book, iPad™, iPhone, mobile or what else. For your ebook reader please have a look on this size-guide*. For your tablet, please have a look here.
|Size of the largest electronic that fits|
*We do our best to keep our size-guide up to date. But as you know: there is always something new. When you know something we don't know please feel free to contact us!
Rule of thumb:
- all Tablets, Notebooks or Laptops with a screen diagonal up to 7'' fits our Medium Electronic Case.
- all Tablets between 7'' to 10,5'' fits our iPad/tablet-case.
- for a size over 10,5'' take the Jumbo Whanganui/eBook/Tablet PC.
- all iPad™ or tablets of same size of other manufactures fits our iPad-Case slim
Swimming and snorkeling: Our submersible range is all guaranteed to IPX8, which means continuous immersion under conditions of the manufacture`s choice. Imperial`s testing is to the equivalent of 5m/15ft for 1 hour.
What keeps water, sand & dust out?
The patented Aquaclip® seals the case - with a simple twist of a couple of levers. It's been tested to the toughest international waterproofing standards. If you haven't seen one before, read our quick guide to the Aquaclip.
How have you improved this case recently?
2008 sees us going '100% PVC-Free'. Our new material (TPU) offers a number of advantages:
- It's softer and more malleable. Making it even easier to operate your PDA or Smartphone controls through the material.
- It'll perform much better if you want to take it somewhere really cold. It'll still be soft and malleable at -40º and below.
- It has a greater tensile strength, meaning it's even more difficult to tear or rip apart.
- We've added optically-clear LENZFLEX windows to the back making the Aquapac cameraphone-friendly.
- in our brand new grey foil
- A detachable and adjustable shoulderstrap so you can wear the case comfortably.
- two eyelets to lash it wherever you like.
What does shipping cost?
- We ship your order in our online store by DHL or Deutsche Post.
- The shipping costs are independent of the quantity as well as the weight of the ordered goods.
- The shipping costs are shown depending on the country of delivery in the order process. More information here.
- We ship in Germany and Europe including Switzerland.
How long does the shipping take?
- Germany: 1 to 2 working days
- Austria, Switzerland and BeNeLux: 2 to 4 working days
- Rest of Europe: 3 to 7 working day
- All shipping methods are traceable. Please ask us if it should take longer. If you order online, you will receive a shipping notification by email within one business day.
Ideal for protecting maps and electronics. Also great for storing and protecting personal possessions on a beach or a boat.
An example: You took your e-Book or eBook or ebook like the new Kindle DX on vacation. To read your favorite thriller on the beach. But there is water, of the sea or of the rain. And there is sand and dust. Everything´s not a friend of your e-Book. But our Aquapac. It protects your eBook or iPad™ against water, sand and dust. Mobile read under water? No problem. The new case is submersible for five metres. But would you like to read under water seriously?
By the way:
The Whanganui range, named after the Whanganui River in New Zealand, is a range of multi-purpose cases designed to hold a range of items.
What our customers say:
"We had some unusually rough conditions on the Atlantic this year, and I had a lot of problems with water getting into hatches - in fact getting into everything - but anything that was in an Aquapac survived perfectly. I was very impressed."
Roz Savage, Only Female Solo Rower, Atlantic Rowing Race 2005 (March 2006)
"Can I just say how impressed my partner is with your product - I bought him a large Whanganui for his birthday to take fishing with him - he had not seen these before and now wants more to protect other items he takes fishing with him. We will definitely use you again."
Helen Humphries, UK
What the Press say:
"These cases give you confidence in being able to keep handheld equipment dry onboard… We can vouch for the toughness….Much as the case was pulled, stretched and twisted, the material did not break or tear, and it really took some abuse."
Sailing Today Magazine Gear Tried & Tested, UK
"I've never had one fail, leak, or let me down. I've come to fully trust Aquapac products without question."
Ocean Paddler magazine, UK