- Ideal for protecting your maps, electronics like your tablet pc or brand new Apple iPad™ or iPad2™* or Samsungs Galaxy Tab 10.1N™*, your pen pc, Eee or your ebook and other personal belongings.
- Touchscrenn works through the foil. And all other functions, too.
- guarantied waterproof, dustproof, sandproof
- The UV-stabilized TPU material of the Aquapac won't be broken down or discoloured by sunlight
- saltwater resistant, too
- Guaranteed submersible to 33ft / 10m and keeps dust and sand out
- It will float safely if dropped in water
- You can use your equipment or the touchscreen of your iPad™ through the foil**
- four eyelets to lash it on the cockpit of your boat.
- Can`t believe? Have a look on this link or this one
- Content not included in the delivery.
*iPad, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc; Galaxy are registered trademarks of Samsung
* Underwater a touch screen does not work in general. Photo release therefore is possible only by key. Our tip: please download the app "Cameringo" or a comparable Apple App that allows underwater photo release on the volume button. For videos, you can switch the function above the water line.
How large is the case?
The Large Whanganui Tablet PC/ iPad™ case will comfortably fit maps, small books, suncream, wallets/purses, mobile and personal electronics like your iPad/iPad2™/Galaxy Tab 10.1/e-Book (the new kindle dx or the new Apple iPad™), iPhone, mobile or what else. For your ebook reader please have a look on this size-guide*. For your tablet, please have a look here. Or have a look at our
Rule of thumb:
- Tablets, Notebooks or Laptops with a screen diagonal up to 7'' normally fits our Medium Electronic Case.
- Tablets between 7'' to 10,5'' fits our iPad/tablet-case normally, the case you are looking at right now.
- for a size over 10,5'' take the Jumbo Whanganui/eBook/Tablet PC.
- iPad™ or tablets of same size of other manufactures normally fits our iPad-Case slim
Please messure and have a look at the grafic below.
|Size of the largest electronic that fits||Size of the case flat|
*We do our best to keep our size-guide up to date. But as you know: there is always something new. When you know something we don't know please feel free to contact us!
Swimming and snorkeling: Our submersible range is all guaranteed to IPX8, which means continuous immersion under conditions of the manufacture`s choice. Imperial`s testing is to the equivalent of 10m/30ft for 1 hour.
What keeps water, sand & dust out?
The patented Aquaclip® seals the case - with a simple twist of a couple of levers. It's been tested to the toughest international waterproofing standards. If you haven't seen one before, read our quick guide to the Aquaclip.
How have you improved this case recently?
2008 sees us going '100% PVC-Free'. Our new material (TPU) offers a number of advantages:
- It's softer and more malleable. Making it even easier to operate your PDA or Smartphone or tablet controls through the material.
- It'll perform much better if you want to take it somewhere really cold. It'll still be soft and malleable at -40º and below.
- It has a greater tensile strength, meaning it's even more difficult to tear or rip apart.
- We've added optically-clear LENZFLEX windows to the back making the Aquapac cameraphone-friendly.
- A detachable and adjustable shoulderstrap so you can wear the case comfortably
- It comes with a packet of 5 desiccant sachets. These will help absorb any condensation in the air inside the case.
- It comes with our five-year global warranty (see 'Buy with confidence' below)
The shipping costs are independend and do not vary depending on the amount of artikles in your placed order:
- Germany: 3,90 Euro
- Europe incl. Switzerland: 6,90 Euro
- Rest of the World: 16,90 Euro
How long will the shipping take?
- Austria, Switzerland and BeNeLux: 2 to 4 labor days
- Rest of Europe: 3 to 7 labor days
Buy with confidence:
This case was designed and made in the UK. We could have stuck at the standard one-year guarantee, but to demonstrate to you our total confidence in our product quality we give you a five-year global warranty. Click here to learn more.
Included with every case you will receive a User Guide written in plain English (and plain French, and plain Spanish, etc). With loads of tips on getting the best results. Click here to check it out now.
How could we improve this page?
If we're missing any information about this item which would be helpful, or if you have found something that is confusing or in error, please Tell Us so we can improve our site.
Ideal for protecting maps and electronics. Also great for storing and protecting personal possessions on a beach or a boat. All functions of your electronical device works through the foil. With the four eyelets you can lash the case in the cockpit of your boat. Everything`s save. No fear for waves, splashing water or rain.
An example: You took your iPad™ or iPad2™ or your eBook like the new kindle dx on vacation. To be in contact to the world or read your favorite thriller on the beach. But there is water, of the sea or of the rain. And there is sand and dust. Everything´s not a friend of your iPad™ or e-Book. But our Aquapac. It protects your iPad or e-book against water, sand and dust. Mobile read under water? No problem. The new case is submersible für five meters. But would you like to read under water seriously? Better in the bathtub. Can`t believe? Have a look on this link
The Whanganui range, named after the Whanganui River in New Zealand, is a range of multi-purpose cases designed to hold a range of items.
What our customers say:
"We had some unusually rough conditions on the Atlantic this year, and I had a lot of problems with water getting into hatches - in fact getting into everything - but anything that was in an Aquapac survived perfectly. I was very impressed."
Roz Savage, Only Female Solo Rower, Atlantic Rowing Race 2005 (March 2006)
"Can I just say how impressed my partner is with your product - I bought him a large Whanganui for his birthday to take fishing with him - he had not seen these before and now wants more to protect other items he takes fishing with him. We will definitely use you again."
Helen Humphries, UK
What the Press say:
"These cases give you confidence in being able to keep handheld equipment dry onboard… We can vouch for the toughness….Much as the case was pulled, stretched and twisted, the material did not break or tear, and it really took some abuse."
Sailing Today Magazine Gear Tried & Tested, UK
"I've never had one fail, leak, or let me down. I've come to fully trust Aquapac products without question."
Ocean Paddler magazine, UK