The new Aquapac-Logo since 2011
|The old Aquapac-Logo up to 2011|
We stand behind our products. We can therefore give you an extended manufacturer's guarantee of five years on every Aquapac bag in the gray film and the new logo that we have been using since 2011. We are thus going beyond the two-year warranty required by German legislators. The extended 5-year warranty does not apply to the bags with our old logo, which we used until 2011. The usual statutory two-year warranty applies here.
Even with the best of intentions and in spite of the best control systems, however, quality problems cannot be ruled out from time to time for every manufacturer. If you have a problem with your product, please inform us as soon as possible so that we can remedy the situation. Because: We want to constantly improve our offer. And only satisfied customers who recommend us ensure our success - and yours. Our rule of three: bags of the best quality, fast delivery and the best customer service.
NOTE: The usual statutory 2-year warranty applies to all other products that we sell in this shop.
How long is the Aquapac ™ warranty valid?
In addition to the statutory warranty, we grant an extended manufacturer's warranty. The statutory warranty applies for the first two years from the date of purchase. From the third year after the date of purchase, we grant an additional three-year warranty in accordance with the following conditions ("extended warranty"). Our extended warranty applies to every owner of an Aquapac product from the date of purchase. Our extended manufacturer's guarantee on the Aquapac bag applies to every owner of this product with the new logo. It is 5 years from the date of the new purchase.
What does the Aquapac ™ warranty cover? And what not?
- It applies to material and manufacturing defects. It applies to material and manufacturing defects.
- It does not apply to damage caused by accidents, animal attacks, negligence, normal wear and tear, cuts, cracks, holes or chafing caused by personal negligence, as well as improper care or use, incorrect storage or non-compliance with our written operating instructions.
- It does not apply if examinations or tests show that a reported defect does not exist.
- It only applies to this product and not to items that are kept in the bag. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF SUCH ITEMS, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR OTHER DAMAGE. SOME STATES AND TERRITORIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- This exclusion also includes the waterproof bags of the brands Dicapac, Aryca as well as Breffo and Spotlight sold in this shop, which are subject to the statutory warranty.
- The full text of our extended 5-year warranty can be found at the end of the operating instructions that are enclosed with each bag or here: manual.
What are we going to do to fix problems?
- We will repair any product that is defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
- In the event that a repair is not possible, we will either replace the defective product with a new one or refund you the full original purchase price - whichever you prefer.
- We will reimburse you for the shipping costs incurred when returning products that turn out to be defective under the terms of the warranty.
- This is our only express assurance and this is our entire obligation and your sole remedy for any defects. In no case will we reimburse you a higher amount than the original purchase price plus any shipping costs.
How can you claim the warranty?
You can get clear instructions on our website www.aquapac.de. Please follow this link Customer Service for shipping and delivery. Or write to us: AQUAPAC-AQUAMAN Germany GmbH Donaliesstrasse 2 B, 31675 Bückeburg, Germany Tel .: (+49) 5722-981050
Aquapac International Limited, 7 Bessemer Park, 250 Milkwood Road, London SE24 0HG, United Kingdom, www.aquapac.net
What Must You Do To Keep The Aquapac™ Warranty In Effect?
You will need to provide us with proof of the date of first purchase and your purchase price, so we recommend that you attach your receipt to this card. If you sell this product during the warranty period, you should give both the receipt and card to the new owner. Otherwise, he or she might be unable to get warranty service.
How Does State Law Relate To This Warranty?
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR BY TERRITORY.
For Your safety
Before you use the Aquapac for the first time please check that the case got to you in perfect condition. Seal something worthless inside, then submerge in a basin. A few air bubbles may escape from the clamp. This is ok, water can get into the clamp without getting into the case. Only if a stream of bubbles escapes when you squeeze it there is a problem. Please check again if the Aquaclip is sealed properly. If it still is not waterproof please contact us. Check the Aquapac before each use for damages. In case of doubt do the bubble test.
Please be aware, that the cases are made of pu-material. Don´t transport any edgy items in the cases. Otherwise the foil could be leaky. And maybe bad consequences for your electronical advise.
If it weren't clear whether or not we were to blame we would tend to err on the side of generosity. It's our policy and plain good sense that it's better to pay out a little in compensation than to loose a customer.
What do I mean by "a little"? Well last year was a bad year for us, because we suffered a moulding failure and had to recall and replace quite a bit of product. This took our warranty returns rate up to 0.05% of cases sold (50 cases out of every 100,000 sold). Worldwide it cost us £9k in compensation. A bad year? By our standards yes, very disappointing. But fatal? Hardly.
We cannot guarantee our cases against accidental damage, or against general wear and tear (they're strong but of course they can still be punctured). So I do recommend that you make sure that your insurance covers the contents.
You Get What You Pay For
John Ruskin put this most elegantly back in the 19th century*
So, before you rush to buy a budget alternative, check out their small print!
* "There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person's lawful prey.
It is unwise to pay too much, but it is also unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much, you loose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes loose everything because the thing you bought is incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot... It can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better."
attributed to John Ruskin (editor, painter, art historian, philosopher, 1819 - 1900)